Penn Quarter Play Space Listening Session
Great news! We have our first meeting set for creating an outdoor play space in Downtown DC. Big thanks to Morgan for making this meeting with WIN happen so quickly.
Here are the details.
Last week a church member expressed interest about getting play space for children in the Penn Quarter area. This church member was able to gather 15 supporters for this interest from the Penn Quarter area and from Calvary. Since we have a strong number of people willing to see this through we have contacted our WIN Organizer and have scheduled a listening session.
The listening session information:
· When – March 22nd @ 6:00 – 7:30pm
· Where – Calvary Baptist Church: Shallenberger Hall/Gym
· Objective – to begin strategizing around how to make this play space a reality, what kind of play space are we talking about, are there partnerships that could be used in this, what are the next steps.
· Food – will not be provided but you are welcome to bring food with you.
· Child care – will be provided
Please feel free to invite people to this who have not received this e-mail and you know would be interested in attending this type of session.
What we need from you: E-mail me by March 18th with the number of adults you will be bringing, as well as the number of children you will be bringing to the session. (Please leave a comment below if you are interested.)
Thank you and I look forward to see you on March 22.
Social Work Pastoral Intern
Calvary Baptist Church, DC
Learn more about the growing movement to create a play space in Downtown DC.