Breaking the Seal
I finally finished a project. I believe it’s my first since March. I had traced this image from an Anthropologie catalog during my paper cutting class with Beatrice Coron in June.
Short classes are great for learning concepts, but hard to really mesh with ideas. Sometimes you have a great idea and sometimes you just want to do the exercise. For this project, I left with just enough started to have something to complete back home.
With paper cutting, it is fairly easy to create duplicates. So I made two on my first attempt. The original image remained untouched, so I can create more of the same.
As you may guess, Lucy loves the umbrella image. I plan to hang one in her bedroom. I like the painted Tyvek layered beneath the dress. The green jumps out inside of Lucy’s closet. It is paste paper leftover from Penland a couple of years ago.
Tonight we had a gathering of Paper Source gals at the studio. I finally started working on one of the projects I have ignored for the last six months or more. So maybe my creative urge is ramping up again. I hope so.